The Havens Local Offer

The Havens Local Offer

Contrast High Low

How do the schools in Newhaven and Peacehaven know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?

We use information from your child’s pre-school, nursery or previous school

We have meetings with parents either at home or at school

We use information from other agencies who have worked with your child, for example a Speech and Language therapist

We talk with your children and staff make observations of them in the classroom

Children from schools across the Havens at the Speech and Language Facility.
All of the information that we gather will be used to plan for your child to meet any additional needs they may have. Once your child is in school we will monitor their progress and development through assessment and observation. If we have any concerns we may ask other professionals for advice. If you have any worries or concerns you should always speak to your child’s class teacher or the SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) Your concerns will always be taken seriously and your views are important to us.

" Talk to your child’s pre-school key worker, class teacher or the teacher in charge of Special Educational Needs at the school "